Dalvey Clock

A Burden Shared Is A Burden Halved

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Waiting to exhale.

My friends were so happy for me yesterday. I know that I said in my first post that I didn't have any friends but that was not quite true. I think I was feeling a little blue because it was my birthday. I do have one good friend and he called to congratulate me when he got my message about the Board. My boyfriend was so happy he was stuttering!
Now that some of the excitement has died down, its on to business as usual. I have a test at the Census Bureau through the Employment Connection. I took the practice test and scored 24 out of 28., I'm sure I would have done better if I had taken the time to read the answers carefully. Anyway, the test is scheduled for Wednesday at 2p.m.
Per my usual, I don't want to work as a Census taker. I don't want to work outside and I don't want to go door-to-door, but the money is good, and when the E.C. called me, I said yes. On February 16th, I start the PROES program. It is an employment program for ex-offenders and I signed up for it in January. I'm not sure that I'm eligible for it since I don't have a felony record but we'll see. Maybe they can find me a nursing job match. Meanwhile, I'll be taking classes in resume preparation and interviewing techniques. I hope that they offer Microsoft Office Certification .

No comments:

Post a Comment